328

What I am packing, clockwise from top left: white shirt with tiny black dots, navy/cream Breton top, soft grey top (all long sleeves); black double-breasted jacket; drab multiple personality skirt (it's 2 halves of different skirts, one narrow and one full); men's blue jeans*; red flats; black tights; white t-shirts; and (below) my brown desert boots.

Packing for trips to Los Angeles** always pose a particular headache for me. It is symbolic of my inability to click, emotionally, with L.A. that choosing what to bring is so hard. It is the one place where I have most often been unjustifiably dissatisfied with whatever I pack, which leads me to miss my closet, though I am obviously missing more than that.

Like most everyone, my parents are nuts (hi mom), and that might come up in my posts during this trip, but even independent of the family circus, L.A. and I were never meant for each other.
*My beloved Levis? Hecho en Mexico.
**My place of origin.

(Posts might be a few hours off for the next week, due to the time change for me.)

8 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

You have so much talent, at drawing and writing both!

MrsLittleJeans said...

You are traveling to our zoo...I feel your pain! However, judging from your packing you are one seasoned traveler and I am going to copy down your packing list. The only thing missing is an evening gown and that would not be necessary since you are in LA. If there is a formal just wear your sneakers. Enjoy the trip....

Carlene said...

As you may already know, the only thing I love more than a packing list is an illustration of a packing list. I should collect them.

readysetfashion said...

like your jacket ;)
come to think of it, i bought mine at the la apc......

fashionaddict said...

At the very least, your travelling wardrobe is in some way an expression of what you left behind?

I have a trip in a few months involving an extended family that does not get me; I'm debating whether I should dress to blend in :)

-h said...

the drawing of your stuff together is so charming. sometimes i want to doodle something like that, but then i really cant be bothered to draw anymore!

Anairam said...

I like your choices for travelling - they should cover all kinds of events and eventualities! I so get the thing of not clicking with one's birthplace. I left mine when I was 23, and only visited under duress.

Iheartfashion said...

I find it hard to believe you're a product of LA (that's a compliment).